- Base layer
- 110g digestive biscuits (about 8 pieces)
- 60g melted butter
- Cheese layer
- 125g cream cheese, soften at room temperature
- 50g icing sugar
- 2 tablespoon gelatin powder (fish or beef depending on your diet)
- 40ml boiling water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Jelly layer
- ½ box Jelly crystal (strawberry flavour)
- 100ml boiling water
- 100ml cold/normal water
1. Chop the biscuits into fine crumbs. You may want to use a food blender to do the job or place the biscuits into a plastic bag and press with a spoon.
2. Cut the strawberries into slices, preferably in heart shapes.
1. Mix biscuit crumbs & melted butter together.
2. Press the crumbs and butter mixture firmly with the help of a spoon onto the base of a 18cm cake tin. Chill for 30 minutes.
3. Heat a pot filled with some water until just simmering and place a bowl inside the pot. Dissolve the gelatin powder and 40ml boiling water in the bowl. Keep warm.
4. Using spoon or an electric mixer, beat the softened cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla essence until smooth & creamy. Blend in gelatin solution and mix well.
5. Pour the cheese mixture into the cake tin. Layer the strawberries on the cheese mixture. Chill for at least 3 to 4 hours.
6. Dissolve the jelly crystal in the 100ml boiling water, followed by the 100ml cold/normal water. Pour the jelly on the cheese mixture.
7. Let it set before removing from the cake tin. And your Valentine's Day Strawberry Jelly Hearts Cheesecake is done !